18 years ago Lorrie was diagnosed with Graves’ disease. Then, in 2017 she received a diagnosis of thyroid cancer.
In this episode we hear Lorrie describe the following:
- Papillary thyroid cancer
- Long delayed pathology results
- Graves’ disease
- Balancing Graves’ disease and a thyroid cancer diagnosis
- Emotional roller coaster of feeling optimistic and other days of sadness.
- The feelings and emotions of related to a cancer diagnosis
- Being careful about the information shared on the Internet and potential negativity
- Support network and family
- Nodule size was 1.1 cm, but with history of Graves’ disease, she decided to forego active surveillance
American Thyroid Association